I think as I'm getting older, the years go by faster...or at least it feels that way. I prayed last year that 2011 would just go by slower. especially the sunny, warm seasons. No such luck. I felt like i was on a freight train going over 100 miles an hour (not that I've ever been on one, but I could just imagine what it would be like). The holiday season was upon us once again and here we are.
'Twas the month before Christmas and all through the town... (I know, get ready for my cheesy version of the story)
There were concerts galore playing Holiday sounds...(The big man on campus! Mr. Wallwork McGloughlin Middle School principal)
(Israel playing the trumpet, Nyah getting an award)
The home was all decorated with Christmas cheer...
and the making of presents to make them smile from ear to ear...
Then Christmas Eve came, there were smiles all around,
knowing tomorrow presents were to be found...
The kids were so jolly and merry and bright,
with dancing and laughter all through the night...
Then others they rested and just lay about,
in their new Christmas tent (all boys-please KEEP OUT!)
But best of all there there was food to be eaten...
And visits to Grandma's...it just can't be beaten. (I'm getting a little desperate for rhyming words!)
But New Year's for us was spent in the rain...
I don't think that we'll ever do that again! (Told you I was desperate)
1 comment:
I love that you made it rhyme. So glad I'm not the only cheese ball out there.
Love the tent, LOVE the rain boots!
Post a Comment