I am not a woman that makes many goals. I know, I should have learned to set and achieve goals having gone through the young women's program "way-back-when", and going on a mission, and getting a bachelor's degree. But I just can't do it. I cannot set myself up for failure. So, when I actually achieve something in any capacity, I am absolutely thrilled! Whether it be playing basketball twice a week (which at my "old" age I should probably give up-at least all of my joints are telling me too), or getting my floors mopped once a month, or getting all the laundry done before the next week starts, or...well, you get the picture, I am happy. But I guess I do have one goal...loving and appreciating my family more. How I will achieve that will be another story, but it will happen little by little.
My kids are the best.
Wyatt still hugs me and doesn't mind being around me (except he thinks I'm a little embarassing at basketball games when I'm "cheering". Not sure how THAT's embarassing?!)
Te'alani was excited to have me as her coach again this year even though I can be hard on her, but she loves the drills I do with her one on one and is always asking to go to the gym with me.
Israel is always willing to help out in the morning with Kekoa and it is AWESOME!
Nyah is still my baby girl and my buddy. She loves to spend time with me even if it means going to a "boring" basketball game.
Kekoa, even though he is a bit high maintenance still, makes me smile when he gets so excited to see me, or when he cries when I walk away from him (although when I have to make dinner it's not so fun), or when he squeals his HIGH pitched scream because he's so happy. He is an amazing blessing in our lives.
My husband is, well...not to be too mushy and annoying, is just totally amazing. He's not too romantic anymore with all that other fancy shmancy stuff, but he tells me he loves me every day, he listens to me, smiles and nods, when I have complaints about EVERYTHING (which I wonder if he's doing what that guy in the soda commercial is doing...thinking about something else while nodding his head in agreement at the right moments), helps me out with things around the house like laundry, and much more. Like one of our friends said, and he knows who he is..."How did someone so nice marry you?" (seriously people, don't get in a tizzy. I say things similar to him as well) and I tell him that I was at my prime...fresh off the mission so he had NO IDEA!! Now that's the way to snag 'em! (Really, I do know I deserve him, I am not hating on myself. We are perfect for each other!)
Anyhoo...getting a bit long here, so I'll end it here. Love my family. Grateful to the Lord and all that he has blessed me with. It's going to be a GREAT New Year!!!
P.S. Maybe I should make a picture taking goal because so far this year...this is all I have (I accidentally deleted a few pix off my computer too)
2 comments:
Your baby is sooo cute. I just want to pinch his cheeks and make him laugh like you did to Colton all the time! It was so good catching up with you today! Thanks for chatting. You are lucky to have John, you have awesome kids, and you are an amazing mom. Keep up the good work! Love ya!
Sounds like you are very blessed, and best of all you appreciate it!!! Gotta love that in a girl!! Your family sounds wonderful! I love that your oldest son still hugs you. My oldest is 11 and I'm so worried all the hugs are going to stop, thanks for giving me hope! :)
Post a Comment