Playing a Little Catch-up...

Here are just a bunch of photos and a few videos I've taken and never posted because I was, as I'd like to say...busy.

I have been giving the kids piano for almost a year now. They had their first piano recital in May. Although they could play them flawlessly at home, they were a bit nervous and had a few brain freezes here and there. It was so fun to watch them and yet I was glad that they did not have to practice those songs at home anymore!
Nyah-Old MacDonald Had a Farm.
She'd only been taking piano for 4 months. It was a struggle at first, she could not remember where middle C was and so we had to go to the simplest books. But when she caught on she was on fire. Now, she plays piano everyday and goes beyond her lesson and does awesome. She's  great sight reader.
Israel-Marine's Hymn. 8 months playing 
When Israel started playing the piano, he took off and there was no stopping him. But lately, the novelty of playing the piano has worn off and it is a chore to get him to practice, but we keep plugging along and doing what we can to get him motivated. He has such talent for it, I can't let him quit.
Te'alani-Chiapanecas (The Mexican Hand-Clapping Song) 8 months playing
 She struggled with wanting to play the piano at first and had a hard time catching on to certain things but as she went through the school year playing the trumpet in band and playing in Mad Mallets (big xylophone things) she started to excel and now she is an incredible player at her level.

There was no way Wyatt was going to play in a recital...so I didn't force the issue. Besides I think he would have had to play Three Blind Mice. He wanted me to start giving him lessons again and is doing okay. He's just busy with all the other teenage stuff, but he still wants to learn so I still teach.

And then there's Kekoa who just bangs away. Video courtesy of the kids. Thought you'd appreciate some of these mom.

 Kekoa's first swim. Alderbrook Resort.
Eating toes. I know it's gross, but it's what he liked to do. Thank goodness that habit has been broken.
 The kid LOVES his Cheetos!

 Taking his first steps.
 Eating fruit puffs. I thought they were his huge front teeth. The kids end up taking some pretty funny pictures and videos sometimes.
 At the park when it finally warmed up enough this spring.
 Stuffing his mouth with fries.
 Terrorizing the Dr.'s office so we thought we'd wait outside for Wyatt while he got his MRI.

 Eating the leaves 'cause I guess he just didn't get enough fries for lunch!
 Last Day of School.
Te'alani was presented  the Presidential Excellence Award...or something like that.
 We told Israel to go to bed because he fell asleep on the couch downstairs...this is how far he made it. Doesn't look comfortable at all!
 This summer we signed the girl's up for soccer camp. Nyah's reaction after it all..."I wish I could do this every day, dad."



1 comment:

Sarah said...

I admire the fact that you can actually get your kids to take piano lessons from you. :) This was a great catch up post! The picture of Kekoa with the fruit puffs that look like teeth made me laugh out loud. What a cutie!